It existed in the 11th century as a Christian fortified place. The first documents date from 1050 and mention it under the name of ‘Muro Mayor’ and as a donation by Toda Sánchez to the Monastery of San Victorían and San Pedro de Tabernas.
Ramiro II gave its parish church to Roda de Isáben in 1134. It was used as a refuge and parish centre for the peasants of Airededor.
It existed in the 11th century as a Christian fortified place. The first documents date from 1050 and mention it under the name of ‘Muro Mayor’ and as a donation by Toda Sánchez to the Monastery of San Victorían and San Pedro de Tabernas.
Ramiro II gave its parish church to Roda de Isáben in 1134. It was used as a refuge and parish centre for the peasants of Airededor.